Images appear in the gallery when they are accepted. We do not accept any images until voting is enabled. Therefore, no images will appear in the gallery until voting opens.
- Sunday, April 26 - Open for entries
- Saturday, May 2 - Closed for entries
- Sunday, May 3 - Open for Voting
- Wednesday, May 6 - Closed for Voting
- Thursday, May 7 - Results and Online Review
In general, this competition follows the rules laid out for Projection Division Competition Rules. The rules presented here are subject to change in future online competitions based on the feedback and suggestions of Society members. Remember that Tacoma Photographic Society hosts these competitions to provide photographers an avenue to receive feedback about their work so that they can improve in the craft.
- Images must come from a photograph or montage of photographs taken by the entrant on film or electronically recorded. The original image(s) must be created in a camera.
- Enhanced photographs can be entered into all competitions
- Any enhancement other than overall color and contrast control must be made by the entrant
- The entrant must be the owner of the copyright of the image being submitted and should be the original creator
- Images should be no larger that 1920 pixels horizontally, and 1080 pixels vertically.
- Images files larger than 1.5 Megabytes will be rejected.
- Only 2 images per entrant
Rules Specific to This Competition
- Images submitted into online competition may have been previously entered into Projection or Print Division Competition
No Photographic Points
Online competitions such as this one are not described in any way in the Bylaws of the Tacoma Photographic Society. Images submitted to this competition will not receive any photographic points and therefore will not contribute to the member's advancement in rank.
Who may enter
Any member or former member of the Tacoma Photographic Society may enter this competition. If you are able to log in to this website, you are eligible to enter.
- Images will be judged by popular vote - one vote per member
- Members will be asked to vote on a limited number of images based on the number of images entered (same as for physical meeting popular vote)
- Any member or former member of the Tacoma Photographic Society may vote for an image in this competition. If you are able to log in to this website, you are eligible to vote for an image.
- Individual member votes will be anonymous
Method of Entry
Members may submit image files for entry through the form on this page.
Tacoma Photographic Society is not providing any awards towards this competition. Images which are rated highest by the membership at close of voting, will be recognized by the Society in the Society newsletter.
The entrant accepts the fact that entered images will be displayed on a vast array of different devices. They will be resized to fit on those devices. The color fidelity of those devices may be less than acceptable standard. These conditions may impact the rating images entered into this competition may receive. Tacoma Photographic Society has no control over these devices and therefore may not be held in any way responsible for any rating an entry may receive.